Variation of Wills


In our province the Supreme Court has the ability to vary a will pursuant to the Wills, Estates and Succession Act. Spouses and children of the will-maker (formerly known as the testator or testatrix) are entitled to pursue a court action for a greater share of an estate.

Spouse is defined as a person who is married to the will-maker. For non-married persons this includes a person who lives with the will-maker in a marriage-like relationship, including a relationship between persons of the same gender, and has lived in that relationship for a period of at least two years.

Read more

Separation Agreement


We are often asked by clients at an initial consultation to obtain for them a “legal separation”.  Usually this means the parties want to enter into a written separation agreement that resolves all issues arising from the breakdown of their marriage or relationship.  Both married and common law couples can obtain a separation agreement which is basically a contract between the spouses that resolves the issues such as parenting arrangements, child support, spousal support, division of assets and debts. 

Read more

Contact Us

Legal advice for your family law needs.