Uncontested Divorce

Our law firm offers at a reduced rate the services required to obtain what is often referred to as an ‘uncontested divorce’.  If we are retained to provide this service we usually only require one document from you, namely, your marriage certificate.  The Courts require the government issued document and not a photocopy of your marriage certificate.  If you do not have your marriage certificate we can order it for you and if you were married in B.C. it can be obtained within a short period of time.  If you were married outside of this jurisdiction, such as in a foreign country, it may take a longer period of time to obtain your marriage certificate or registration of marriage.

A spouse may commence divorce proceedings in the superior court of any jurisdiction in which either spouse had been ordinarily resident for a least one year immediately preceding the commencement of the divorce proceeding (Divorce Act, Section 3(1)).  In our province the superior court is the Supreme Court of British Columbia. 

Read more

Contact Us

Legal advice for your family law needs.